Skhumbuzo is traditional dance and theater coach and community organizer in a rural region challenged with post-Apartheid violence, unemployment, crime and lack of perspective. He is deeply moved by what American teens are rocking and wishes to see it in his country.
Skhumbuzo is awesome, because he loves people, knows South Africa’s real life troubles first hand, is initiated in traditional culture and wishes to turn his piece of land and building into a Youth Leadership Learning Centre connected with schools across the region and all over the planet.
He deserves our help, because he loves YL, with Eric makes a coaching dream team for African youth, is the perfect witness to bring global learning on Africa to life, to experiencing Africa and shaping the future of an entire region in the New Africa.
We seek to
cover Skhumbuzo’s moderate living costs + fund and donate materials that make the LearnSpace the most awesome it can be + activate regional schools + build global relations for dialog and support
As we see his adventure unfold
we gain intimate insights to South African culture from Kwa Zulu Natal, such as
- celebration of liberation from Apartheid rule
- climate crisis impact (crazy huge), truly the last thing they need there
- badass power music and dance performances
- traditional fests and initiations
- innovation of tradition to solve current challenges
- suffering and strong people’s response
- driven by love and care
and bottom-up youth leadership development with no resources but what us ordinary citizens generate together. #bemoreawesome
VIEW MAGIC & MILESTONES
The world benefits from
living testimony and insights to post-Apartheid South Africa that is entirely different from tourism advertizing
- with problems beyond our wildest nightmares, affecting the majority of the population in the most unequal society on Earth
- with incredibly kind people and very little traces of racism compared to one would imagine
- with extreme injustice along social class lines no matter what skin pigment – not solved by talks on I have a dream, or hope or rainbow nation but only by fresh tangible solutions
and unique opportunity to bring about truly relevant positive changes driven by people and most of all – YOUTH!
YL benefits from
- a popular topic in standard education
- a vibrant story with true traditional spirit
- dance, arts and theatre power
- a high energy YL Magazine column
- a superb partner for coaching in Africa
- a high value rural LearnSpace pilot program replicable in Sub-Saharan Africa
- a most exciting African development cooperation program for schools
and an adventurous travel destination for YOU
Skhumbuzo is also
- YL Speaker
- YL Project Partner
Skhumbuzo is also
- YL Program Partner
Skhumbuzo is also
- TribalTravel Destination
… and he is well respected and connected throughout the region, guided by a lucky star and fueled by enormous passion to brign about plenty of YL supported changes and programs … all he needs is material assistance, since – whereas you don’t need money to grow food (Luwayo) – you cannot activate youth leadership, print, set up exhibits, attract youth and community empty-handed.
Our superpower : our money is worth 10-fold more in his low income region.
The context : there is so little opportunity for youth (60 students per class, 80% unemployment, constant turmoil, crime, disappointment) that people have TIME and WILL and HUNGER for opportunities and TO MAKE IT. Skhumbuzo attracts and selects those with most positive spirit to unfold their love and passion for the good of people and planet while paving their own path.
Eric feels : as I operate at survival level myself, and the stupid pandemic sabotages school action in Western Europe, it’s heartbreaking to see this readiness and not having the money and manpower to help … that’s why i need all you folks to get involved with your resources and relations.
Let’s activate this centre in Kwa-Zulu Natal. It will make news across the country and can spark its likes. The investment is ridiclously low. Please contribute generously. Thank you.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.